Hello! I am Potassium. That is a picture of me and my husband, who (if you read my very first post ever, this might make sense to you) I will call Cobalt for blog’s sake.
Fun facts about me:
- I received my biochemistry PhD in October 2014 and now I am a student in a Science Communication certificate program at UC Santa Cruz!
- I am originally from California. Then I went to undergrad in Washington state. THEN I moved to New Mexico (which is where I met Cobalt). After New Mexico, I moved to Colorado for grad school and a short postdoc. Now I am back in sunny California learning the ins and outs of science communication!
- Cobalt and I have a kitty named Tarantula!
I happen to love photography and I am trying to get better at taking pictures. Sooooo I started this blog to challenge myself. Plus, it’s kind of fun to have a picture representation for whatever sort of antics Cobalt and I are up to. Basically, this is going to be my outlet for letting off some of the craziness associated with figuring out the next step in my career… you were warned…
I love (in no apparent order): sharks (I have
9 11 15 a lot of stuffed sharks), whales, cats, most animals actually, fat things with wings and teeth (wings aren’t necessary for cuteness), stuffed animals, photography, soccer, my friends and family, science, science communication, reading novels, learning new languages, and being crazy.
Some of the cameras I will be posting pictures from:
- Nikon D80 – My DSLR. Love it. With this camera, I only shoot in Manual mode. Makes it more challenging and helps me get better at photography.
- Canon Powershot SD1400IS – my burnt orange point and shoot camera that has all sorts of fun modes on it, such as Color Accent, Color Swap, Fisheye, and Miniature.
- Poloroid t1455 – point and shoot I got from Woot.com. Hilarious. And cute.
- My iPhone 6S!